Achieve Permanent Hair Removal with Laser: Safe, Effective, and Long-Lasting
Are we looking for permanent hair removal? Unwanted face and body hair can hurt how we feel, how we interact with others, what we wear, and what we do.
Plucking, shaving, bleaching, utilizing lotions, and epilation are among the options for concealing or removing undesirable hair (using a device that pulls out multiple hairs at once).
Electrolysis and laser therapy are two longer-term options. Electrolysis uses an electrical current to destroy individual hair follicles.
Because lasers are attracted to pigment, they work best on hair that’s brunette or darker. Laser currently does not work on hair with no pigment, such as very light blonde, light red, and white hair.
Patients with thick, coarse, and dark hair are the best candidates for laser hair removal. So, since the laser is attracted to the dark hair pigment, or colour, in the hair follicle, stubborn, thick, dark hairs are ideal for laser hair removal.
BENEFITS OF THE CYNOSURE ELITE IQ PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL
The Cynosure Elite iQ™ is a laser device that permanently removes dark and light hair. Here are some benefits of this laser treatment for hair reduction:
- Popularity: It is the most sought-after hair reduction laser in the world, thanks to the many good reviews from patients of this hair reduction laser.
- Non-invasive treatment: Lasers are used to treat cosmetic concerns. This can be regarded as a non-invasive treatment process, and many patients who loathe invasive therapies prefer it.
- It targets light or grey hair: It targets light hair colours that generally would be harder on more traditional laser hair removal methods.
- Versatility: Beyond hair removal, 755 nm and 1064 nm wavelength technologies can treat wrinkles, benign pigmented lesions, and vascular lesions. This adaptability can lead to new revenue and a higher return on investment.
- Skin tightening: It again proved its versatility and performed skin tightening on the face and lower jawline over a series of treatments every 4-6 weeks. This procedure may not require sedation, and there is no downtime.
- Safe procedure: Hardly any risks or side effects is associated with the Cynosure Elite iQ™ hair removal laser. It’s no wonder it is trending in the beauty industry.
How does laser treatment work?
A laser focuses a beam of light of a single color, which is absorbed by the melanin in the skin, heating the area and causing damage to nearby tissue.
The laser must be precisely aimed at individual cells in order to remove hair while at the same time avoiding injury to the nearby tissue. These stem cells that grow the hairs can be found in the area called a hair bulge.
Since melanin in the skin is vulnerable and needs to be safeguarded, hair removal is done cautiously before the procedure is carried out.
How many laser treatments do I need to for permanent hair removal?
It’s crucial to remember that not all hairs are actively growing simultaneously, so you’ll probably need more than one treatment to get the best results. Generally, 5 to 7 treatments spaced at approximately six to eight weeks are required. What is the significance of 6-8 weeks? This will allow your hair to grow long enough to provide a better laser imprint.
Can permanent hair removal be achieved?
Laser treatment can permanently reduce hair density or remove undesired hair.
Following a single course of laser treatment, the hair density in the area of treatment will be permanently reduced, meaning that no further laser therapy is required. However, some of the hairs will regrow, so continued laser treatment may be necessary.
A variety of factors determines the decision to remove hair permanently or only lower its density:
- The colour and thickness of the hairs being treated
- The type and quality of the laser used
- The competence and training of the person operating the laser.
- The colour of the patient’s skin
What side effects or complications should I be aware of?
You will be encouraged to wear goggles during the therapy to avoid eye harm.
During therapy, you will feel some discomfort, especially in the beginning. This is primarily because all hair in the treatment area was not removed before the surgery. Hairs left on the skin surface after shaving absorb the laser energy and heat it. Repeated treatments at regular intervals result in less pain.
Following laser treatment, you may experience a feeling of warmth that lasts for 15-30 minutes. In the following 24 hours, your skin may be red and swollen. Those who have recently achieved a tan or who take medication that makes their skin more sensitive to the sun may experience more serious side effects, like blisters, an uneven skin tone, or scarring.
Permanent hair treatment
- The type of laser you use affects how well it works and how likely you are to experience adverse effects.
- Long-pulse ruby lasers, long-pulse alexandrite lasers, long-pulse diode lasers, and long-pulse Nd: YAG lasers are all excellent for dark hair removal.
- IPL (intense pulsed light) devices are flashlights that emit many wavebands of light simultaneously, rather than lasers. They act similarly to lasers but are less effective and have a lower chance of permanently removing hair.
- The type of laser and how it’s used can be tailored to your skin type to reduce the danger of damaging melanin-producing cells on the surface.
- An IPL device, an alexandrite laser such as the Cynosure Elite iQ, or a diode laser can be used on dark hair; an Nd: YAG or diode laser can be used on dark skin and dark hair, and a diode laser can be used on dark or light hair.
- Recently, Nd: YAG (or YAG) has become increasingly sought after due to its wavelength that is capable of penetrating deeper into the skin than a diode, allowing it to more efficiently bypass the pigment of the skin.
- Short laser pulses are used to regulate the propagation of heat and avoid tissue injury. The laser’s energy is also adjusted: it must be powerful enough to harm the bulge cells while remaining low enough to prevent discomfort or burns.
Elite iQ Permanent Hair Removal Toronto
Hair removal methods have come a long way, and laser hair removal is a popular choice for individuals seeking a long-lasting and effective solution. Permanent hair removal with laser works by targeting the pigment in hair follicles, heating them up and causing them to fall out.
The effectiveness of laser hair removal can depend on a variety of factors, including skin type, hair color, and the size of the treatment area. In general, the best results of laser hair removal are seen in individuals with light skin and dark hair, as the laser’s light is attracted to the pigmentation in the hair follicles.
With consistent laser hair removal treatments, hair growth in the treated area can be reduced, and the hair that does grow back may be finer and lighter in color. Side effects of permanent hair removal with laser can include skin irritation, and in rare cases, changes in skin color.
It is important to choose a qualified clinic with experience treating a range of skin tones to minimize the risk of side effects. In Toronto, laser hair removal is a popular choice for individuals looking for a permanent hair reduction solution, and with long-term consistent treatments, can effectively remove hair from a variety of areas, including the face and body.