PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL FOR DARK HAIR
Are we looking for permanent hair removal? Unwanted face and body hair can hurt how we feel, how we interact with others, what we wear, and what we do.
Plucking, shaving, bleaching, utilizing lotions, and epilation are among the options for concealing or removing undesirable hair (using a device that pulls out multiple hairs at once).
Electrolysis and laser therapy are two longer-term options. Electrolysis uses an electrical current to destroy individual hair follicles.
Because lasers are attracted to pigment, they work best on hair that’s brunette or darker. Laser currently does not work on hair with no pigment, such as very light blonde, light red, and white hair.
Patients with thick, coarse, and dark hair are the best candidates for laser hair removal. So, since the laser is attracted to the dark hair pigment, or colour, in the hair follicle, stubborn, thick, dark hairs are ideal for laser hair removal.
BENEFITS OF THE CYNOSURE ELITE IQ PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL
The Cynosure Elite iQ™ is a laser device that permanently removes dark and light hair. Here are some benefits of this laser treatment for hair reduction:
- Popularity: It is the most sought-after hair reduction laser in the world, thanks to the many good reviews from patients of this hair reduction laser.
Non-invasive treatment: Lasers are used to treat cosmetic concerns. This can be regarded as a non-invasive treatment process, and many patients who loathe invasive therapies prefer it.
- It targets light or grey hair: It targets light hair colours that generally would be harder on more traditional laser hair removal methods.
- Versatility: Beyond hair removal, 755 nm and 1064 nm wavelength technologies can treat wrinkles, benign pigmented lesions, and vascular lesions. This adaptability can lead to new revenue and a higher return on investment.
- Skin tightening: It again proved its versatility and performed skin tightening on the face and lower jawline over a series of treatments every 4-6 weeks. This procedure may not require sedation, and there is no downtime.
Safe procedure: Hardly any risks or side effects is associated with the Cynosure Elite iQ™ hair removal laser. It’s no wonder it is trending in the beauty industry.
Book a FREE Consultation Today
How does laser treatment work?
Lasers produce a single wavelength of light with a single colour. The energy from the light is transferred to the skin and hair pigment melanin when it is targeted at the skin. This causes the surrounding tissue to heat up and get damaged.
However, the laser must be directed to specific cells to eliminate hair while permanently minimizing injury to the surrounding tissue. The hair follicle stem cells are found in the hair bulge.
As the skin surface also contains melanin, which we want to avoid damaging, patients of this procedure are carefully shaved before treatment.
How many laser treatments do I need to for permanent hair removal?
It’s crucial to remember that not all hairs are actively growing simultaneously, so you’ll probably need more than one treatment to get the best results. Generally, 5 to 7 treatments spaced at approximately six to eight weeks are required. What is the significance of 6-8 weeks? This will allow your hair to grow long enough to provide a better laser imprint.
Can permanent hair removal be achieved?
Laser treatment can permanently reduce hair density or remove undesired hair.
Because the hair density is permanently reduced, some hairs will regenerate after a single course of treatment, and patients will require continued laser treatment. After a single laser therapy session, none of the hairs in the treated area will regenerate, and no more laser therapy is required.
A variety of factors determines the decision to remove hair permanently or only lower its density:
- The colour and thickness of the hairs being treated
- The type and quality of the laser used
- The competence and training of the person operating the laser.
- The colour of the patient’s skin
What side effects or complications should I be aware of?
You will be encouraged to wear goggles during the therapy to avoid eye harm.
During therapy, you will feel some discomfort, especially in the beginning. This is primarily because all hair in the treatment area was not removed before the surgery. Hairs left on the skin surface after shaving absorb the laser energy and heat it. Repeated treatments at regular intervals result in less pain.
After laser therapy, your skin will feel heated for 15-30 minutes. For up to 24 hours, there may be redness and swelling.
Blisters, too much or too slight skin pigmentation, or permanent scarring are more serious adverse effects.
These are most common in persons who have just gotten a tan and haven’t adjusted their laser settings. Alternatively, people taking drugs that impair their skin’s reaction to sunlight may experience these adverse effects.
Permanent hair treatment for Dark hair
- The type of laser you use affects how well it works and how likely you are to experience adverse effects.
- Long-pulse ruby lasers, long-pulse alexandrite lasers, long-pulse diode lasers, and long-pulse Nd: YAG lasers are all excellent for dark hair removal.
- IPL (intense pulsed light) devices are flashlights that emit many wavebands of light simultaneously, rather than lasers. They act similarly to lasers but are less effective and have a lower chance of permanently removing hair.
- The type of laser and how it’s used can be tailored to your skin type to reduce the danger of damaging melanin-producing cells on the surface.
- An IPL device, an alexandrite laser such as the Cynosure Elite iQ, or a diode laser can be used on dark hair; an Nd: YAG or diode laser can be used on dark skin and dark hair, and a diode laser can be used on dark or light hair.
- In recent years the Nd: YAG (or just YAG) has become increasingly popular because the wavelength of this laser goes deeper into the skin than a diode, So it more successfully bypasses the pigmentation present in the skin.
- Short laser pulses are used to regulate the propagation of heat and avoid tissue injury. The laser’s energy is also adjusted: it must be powerful enough to harm the bulge cells while remaining low enough to prevent discomfort or burns.
Elite iQ Permanent Hair Removal Toronto
INTRODUCING THE NEW CYNOSURE ELITE iQ™ FOR PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL IN TORONTO
The Gold Standard Hair Removal
The Elite iQ laser targets the hair follicle with intense laser light energy for thermal destruction to provide permanent hair reduction throughout a few treatments. With fast treatment times, Elie iQ Removal delivers a more comfortable patient experience.
During this unique laser treatment, two highly effective and proven wavelengths work together to eradicate unwanted hair. The laser beam may penetrate the pigment of the targeted hair follicles and disintegrate the hair shaft without harming the surrounding healthy skin tissue, regardless of the patient’s skin colour, whether lighter or darker.
- Permanent results
- Safe to treat all skin types
- Quick treatment
- No downtime
Elite iQ is a dual-platform laser made by one of the industry’s leaders, Cynosure. The Elite iQ™ is a dual-platform laser using a 755nm Alexandrite laser and a 1064nm Nd: YAG laser, allowing a wide range of treatment options.
Elite iQ platform is the newest advancement in the number one dermatologist-recommended laser hair removal brand. 1 It is meant to exceed patients’ expectations and other needs, as it is built on a foundation of over 20 years of clinically Proven effectiveness across all skin types.
Increased power, speed, larger spot sizes, and short pulse durations allow a better laser hair removal experience.