LASER TATTOO REMOVAL TORONTO | PICOSURE LASER TORONTO
We offer Gold Standard Cynasure PicoSure Laser Tattoo Removal Toronto and Richmond Hill
PICOSURE LASER TORONTO TATTOO REMOVAL
Are you looking for laser tattoo removal in Toronto for your unwanted tattoos? Our Cynosure’s PicoSure Toronto tattoo removal machine is the best device used today and the industry’s gold standard for laser tattoo removal.
The PicoSure laser is the world’s first picosecond aesthetic laser-optimal wavelengths for treating tattoo removal. Creating an intense photothermal impact in trillionths of a second, PicoSure’s advanced technology spares the skin significant thermal damage and targets the chromophore for better clearance in fewer treatments.
The PicoSure laser tattoo removal machines have improved significantly over the years. Research and various clinical studies have demonstrated that the picosecond 755-nm alexandrite laser is a safe and very effective device for tattoo removal.
We are creating an intense photothermal impact in trillionths of a second; picosure tattoo removal advanced technology spares the skin significant thermal damage and targets the chromophore for better clearance in fewer treatments.
Optimally targets melanin to treat a range of pigmentary conditions
Incurs minimal thermal damage due to picosecond pulse duration
Customizable treatments with 2-6mm, 8mm, and 10mm spot sizes
Proven clinical validation, with 26 publications and 59 abstracts to date
PicoSure makes tattoo removal even more accessible.
The 755nm wavelength can target black, blue, and green tattoo inks. In comparison, the optional 532nm wavelength offers effective treatment of “sunset colours”—red, yellow and orange—which are typically hard to correct. You’ll also be able to:
- Tailor treatments using variable spot sizes
- Use boost mode to treat recalcitrant tattoos with shortened pulse widths better
- Treats at three wavelengths: 532nm, 755nm, and 1064 nm.
- Treat black ink in darker skin type patients using the 1064nm delivery.
Pico Laser Tattoo Removal Before and After Photos
Pico Laser Toronto | Richmond Hill
PicoSure Toronto and Richmond Hill Tattoo Removal Clinics
Laser Tattoo Removal Toronto
Laser Tattoo Removal Richmond Hill
BENEFITS OF LASER TATTOO REMOVAL
As tattoos have become increasingly popular, the requests for tattoo removal have also increased. Laser tattoo removal works. It is the most popular method for tattoo removal.
Lasers have been used to remove tattoos since the late 1970s. In 1979 an argon laser was used for tattoo removal in 28 patients, with limited success.
In the 1980s, a new clinical study in Scotland into the effects of Q-switched ruby laser energy on blue/black tattoos. Further studies into other tattoo colours were then conducted with various degrees of success.
When ink is injected into the skin’s dermis, thousands of tattoo pigment particles remain in the dermis. Laser therapy causes these particles to heat up and fragment into smaller pieces, known as the photomechanical effect.
In most cases, macrophages carry the ink particles to the lymph nodes closest to the site of the tattoo. Macrophages are specialized immune cells that surround foreign particles and clear them from the tissue.
During the photomechanical effect, the energy is absorbed by the ink particles in a short time, called nanoseconds. For laser tattoo removal, the destruction of tattoo pigments depends on four factors:
- The tattoo pigment, the surrounding skin, must more highly absorb the colour of the laser light. Therefore, different tattoo pigments require different laser colours. (eg. Red light is absorbed by green tattoo pigments, while yellow tends not to absorb light).
- The pulse (time) duration of the laser energy must be concise.
- Enough energy must be delivered during each laser pulse to heat the pigment to fragmentation.
- The colour of the light must penetrate deep into the skin to reach the tattoo pigment.
Different lasers remove different tattoo colours.
- Q-switched Ruby: 694 nm. This laser creates a red light absorbed by green and dark tattoo pigments.
- Q-switched Alexandrite: 755 nm. This laser absorbs green pigment but does not work well with red, orange, yellow, brown etc. Available in a picosecond speed with claims it can remove ink faster.
- Q-switched Frequency-double Nd: YAG: 532 nm. This laser creates a green light absorbed by red, yellow, and orange pigments.
- Q-switched Nd: YAG: 1064 nm. This is a short pulse laser that works better on darker skin as the light isn’t absorbed by melanin like the ruby.
- Picosecond Laser: Picosecond are ultra short pulses and more efficient than nanosecond pulses in clearing black tattoos. However, in polychromic tattoos, the difference is minimal compared to Q-switched.
Book Your Free Consultation Today for Picosure laser treatment
How Many Laser Sessions are Required to Remove a Tattoo?
The Kirby-Desai scale is often used to assess the potential success and number of treatments necessary for laser tattoo removal. Patients usually receive a poorly defined assessment of the number of treatments and often engage in the process without full awareness of the potential success.
In the Kirby-Desai scale, numerical values are assigned to six parameters: skin type, location, colour, amount of ink, scarring or tissue change, and layering.
The tattoo removal process requires multiple sessions to remove a tattoo. The average number of tattoo removal treatments needed using laser is eight treatments, with a range of 3 to 15 treatments. Treatments must be spaced out six weeks apart.
Skin type: Patients higher on the Fitzpatrick scale (darker skin) are not ideal for laser tattoo removal. They often require longer wait times between treatments due to using the laser on lower settings to avoid unwanted side effects such as hypopigmentation.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Are you looking for flat rate laser tattoo removal in Toronto for your unwanted hair? Do you have a tattoo you’d like to remove? Why not fill out our online form, and upload a few photos of your tattoo? One of our removal specialists will get back to you on tattoo prices based on how many sessions you may need for your tattoo removal and answer any questions you may have.
We do our laser tattoo removal procedure at our Richmond Hill location and our non-laser tattoo removal procedure in Mississauga, Richmond Hill, and Toronto.
Lasers in tattoo and pigmentation control: role of the PicoSure laser system
The use of picosecond lasers to remove tattoos has dramatically improved due to the long-standing outcomes of nanosecond lasers, both clinically and histologically. The PicoSure laser system (755/532 nm) was the first aesthetic picosecond laser for this use. Now that a vast amount of research on its use has been conducted, we performed a comprehensive review of the literature to validate the continued application of the PicoSure laser system for tattoo removal.