SKIN TIGHTENING 101:
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON HOW TO TIGHTEN SKIN
- Growing older means learning lessons of humility, grace, and wisdom that can only be learned through years of living. It also means understanding and being at peace with your place in the world. Your body will change as you get older, signs of aging, particularly in how your skin and face look. Learning about anti aging skin care and how to tighten skin as we age is an essential part of aging gracefully. Below you will find the various skin tightening treatments one can choose from.
- Finding a positive attitude toward wrinkles, age spots, and loose skin may require some adjustment. In the end, feeling good about your body as you age has less to do with home remedies or medical procedures and more with perspective.
- Nobody can turn back time, but there are treatments and preventative measures you may do to tighten up your skin. This article will examine the causes of skin sagging and various solutions for loose skin.
How much is Potenza RF Skin Tightening?
- Current Special $497 +hst. Single Session only. SAVE $353
- $1397 + hst. For a package of 3 ($465 per session). SAVE OVER $1000
WHAT IS SKIN TIGHTENING?
In general, non-surgical skin tightening techniques operate by heating more deep layers of skin with targeted energy, stimulating the creation of collagen and elastin and progressively improving skin tone and texture, lifting and tightening. To assist in reducing cellulite, specific therapies also target fibrous tissue.
This treatment can be done on most parts of the body. The most common areas for skin tightening are the face, jawline, neck, and stomach. The most common age for skin tightening is between 30 to 70 years old. People who do not have aging skin can do skin tightening as a preventative measure.
WHY DOES MY FACE SKIN SAG?
- Most of the proteins in your body are collagen. It builds the joint tissue between your muscles and bones and supports the formation of your skin.
- Your body makes collagen naturally, but as you get older, less of this vital protein is produced. As a result, your skin loses its elasticity, and wrinkles become more apparent.
- The natural amount of fat in the deeper layers of your skin decreases as your collagen levels do. That leaves space beneath your skin layers, making your facial skin sag or droop where it was formerly firm.
- Other lifestyle factors can also result in facial wrinkles forming Early. If you’re prone to wrinkles, it’s mostly a result of genetics. Other factors that can contribute to early wrinkles include:
- Diet High in processed foods
- Extreme Weight loss gain
- Frequent exposure to UV rays
Skin Tightening Before and After
IN-CLINIC SKIN TIGHTENING TREATMENT
- Your skin is deeply penetrated by ultrasound waves, which promote the creation of collagen. While some patients only require one session of this therapy, others require further sessions.
- Your face neck and the region under your chin are all areas that ultrasound therapy focuses on. Usually, it is around \$2,000 for the skin tightening treatment.
An injectable drug called Kybella eliminates fat cells under your chin. The procedure is intended to be permanent and to lessen the appearance of a double chin.
To see benefits, the injection may need to be administered numerous times. Kybella typically costs $1,350 for each treatment.
- Facelifts are invasive surgical skin tightening treatments in which a doctor trims away extra and tighten loose skin from your face, “pushing back” the skin to make it look taut.
- Costs range from $7,000 to $11,000. Under general anesthesia, facelifts can also affect the skin around your neck.
- Facelifts can be “complete,” which refers to a lengthy incision that begins at the brow line and runs the entire length of your face, typically inside the hairline. “Mini” facelifts include smaller incisions and a faster healing process.
A minimally invasive injectable drug is Botox. The average cost of treatment is between $300 and $400, and one session has results that persist for three to four months.
Your face’s specific muscles are effectively paralyzed with Botox, making smoother, less wrinkled skin appear.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive treatment with little or no downtime. The laser heats the sagging skin, making collagen constrict, causing the skin to tighten and look firmer. Usually, 3 to 6 sessions are required for optimal results. Results can last up to 3 years.
The goal of laser resurfacing is to improve the texture and tone of your skin while encouraging collagen synthesis in the deeper layers of your skin.
One treatment is between $1,200 and $2,000 in price. Although the effects of this procedure are temporary, you may notice tighter skin for several years.
- Radiofrequency treatment encourages the creation of proteins in the deeper layers of your skin to make it firmer.
- It has been demonstrated that radio frequency therapy is more successful than collagen supplement, cosmetic firming lotions and firming creams.
- RF skin tightening procedures enhances the production of collegan, increase blood flow and visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkes on the top layer of the skin.
- This therapy costs around $1,000 every round, and it could be necessary to repeat it after a while.
Using tiny needles that prickle your skin, microneedling attempts to stimulate the creation of collagen. Each session may cost between $100 and $700. You’ll need numerous sessions over three to four months to notice results.
Results from microneedling can occasionally take several months to become apparent, and they are typically short-lasting.
Radiofrequency + Microneedling
For optimal results and little side effects, the best RF treatment and microneedling are combined in this effective skin-tightening treatment called RF Microneedling.
RF Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure using tiny needles combined with radiofrequency waves to rejuvenate facial skin. Controlled skin injury stimulates the growth of new healthy skin with increased collagen and elastin production. RF microneedling is effective in skin tightening and is ideal for minimizing acne scarring, stretch marks, fine lines and wrinkles. It is safe for all skin types.
Is Radiofrequency Microneedling Worth It?
How Long Does RF Microneedling Last?
Once you’ve completed your initial treatments, results should last several years. We recommend getting an annual or semi-annual maintenance treatment as you fight the aging process.
What is the Difference Between Microneedling and RF Microneedling?
Think of microneedling on steroids as RF microneedling. Microneedling is an effective treatment for toning skin but combined with radiofrequency the treatment is amplified to new levels. The heat created by the RF energy works to constrict underlying skin layers and increases collagen and elastin production, smoothing even the most stubborn lines and wrinkles. The RF energy can reach the sub-dermal layers of the skin that plain microneedling cannot. The deeper penetration allows for more collagen and elastin stimulation and produces faster, more effective results.
Is RF Microneedling better than Botox?
RF microneedling last much longer, is less invasive, has fewer side effects, is all-natural, and addresses more than wrinkles and lines.
What can go wrong with RF Microneedling?
RF microneedling is a very safe procedure. It is not a laser, so it doesn’t have the risks and side effects associated with laser skin treatments. So it is ideal for all skin types. Side effects for RF microneedling are minimal, with redness post-treatment. Some minor pinpoint bleeding and slight bruising may occur, but most are gone within 24 hours.
Is RF Microneedling Painful?
You will feel a warm sensation and a pricking feeling during the treatment. However, we apply a topical numbing cream about 20 minutes before the procedure to minimize discomfort.
How Soon Do You See Results from RF Microneedling?
Collagen and elastin take time to build up. Collagen can take up to six months to be optimized post-treatment. You should see initial pore reduction and some skin tightening immediately after your first treatment. Collagen and elastin will continue to produce months after the treatment.
How Often Should You Get RF Microneedling?
To maintain a good production of collagen and elastin, you should be consistent with the treatment frequency to get the best results. The ideal interval between treatments is 4-6 weeks. Older patients should do the treatment every four weeks for skin laxity. Younger patients who want to concentrate more on skin blemishes and sun damage should come every six weeks. Patients with acne scarring should come every four weeks.
What is Potenza RF Microneedling?
Potenza is the latest skin esthetics device from Cynosure, a leader in the skin laser industry. Many things set Potenza apart from other RF microneedling devices on the market. Potenza RF Miconeedling is the new Gold Standard in radiofrequency microneedling. It is the world’s 1st four-mode microneedling device offering aestheticians unrivalled versatility and personalized treatments for our patients with its one-of-a-kind Fusion and Tiger Tip technology.
Are you a good candidate?
You are a good candidate for noninvasive face-firming procedures if:
- You’ve already tried home remedies or treating sagging skin with products
- You’re not currently nursing or pregnant
- You have mild to moderate “skin laxity” that’s becoming more pronounced over time
- You want to address your fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead or around the eyes
- You want to address texture irregularities on your skin
- You want to tighten your skin, fix uneven skin tone from sun damage
- Do you want to smoothen acne scars or stretch marks
Is RF Skin Tightening Safe?
Radiofrequency is considered safe and effective. The FDA has approved it for reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Q & A
What is skin tightening?
It is a cosmetic treatment that aims to improve the firmness and elasticity of the skin. It can be used to address areas of your body such as the arms, legs, and upper arms, by stimulating new collagen production in the deep layers of the skin.
What are the best options for skin tightening?
The best option depends on the individual client’s needs and desired results. Non-invasive treatments, such as laser treatments and handheld devices, can help stimulate collagen production in the outer layers of the skin. However, surgical lifts may be the best option for clients looking for more dramatic, long-term results.
What is the recovery time for skin tightening treatments?
The recovery time for skin tightening treatments varies depending on the type of treatment used and the areas of the body targeted. Non-invasive treatments typically require no downtime, while surgical lifts may require several days or weeks of recovery time.
What are the benefits?
These treatments can increase the skin’s elasticity and firmness, resulting in a youthful appearance. Additionally, they can stimulate the production of new collagen, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and creases.
What happens during a skin tightening treatment session?
During a treatment, the provider will use a handheld device or laser to deliver energy to the skin’s deep layers. This stimulates collagen production, which can improve the skin’s elasticity and firmness. The treatment session can last anywhere from a several minutes to over an hour, depending on the type of treatment and the areas of the body targeted.
Can skin tightening treatments be used during pregnancy?
It is generally not recommended to do these treatments during pregnancy, as the effects on the fetus are not well understood. However, hyaluronic acid-based treatments may be safe to use during pregnancy.
Are there any risks associated with skin tightening treatments?
These treatments are generally safe when performed by a qualified provider. However, some clients may experience mild swelling or redness after treatment. It is important to research the provider and clinic offering the treatment to ensure that they are licensed and experienced.
What is the role of collagen production in skin tightening treatments?
Collagen production plays a critical role. By providing structural support to the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous tissue, it helps enhance the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
Is there any research to support the effectiveness of skin tightening treatments?
Yes, there is research to support the effectiveness of these treatments. Health Canada has approved several non-invasive treatments for tightening the skin, and there are numerous studies demonstrating the benefits of collagen production on skin elasticity.
Can makeup be applied immediately after skin tightening treatments?
It is generally recommended to avoid applying makeup immediately after the treatments, as the skin may be sensitive or swollen. It is best to wait a few days before applying makeup to the treated area.
The Laser Skin Clinic offers a variety of non-invasive skin tightening treatments to help clients achieve firmer and more refined skin. These treatments stimulate collagen production in the deep layers of the skin, thereby improving elasticity and firmness. Patients seeking non-invasive, no-downtime treatments find laser treatments and portable devices to be effective.
For clients desiring more dramatic and long-lasting results, surgical lifts may be the best option. Several non-invasive therapies for skin tightening have been approved by Health Canada, and research supports the efficacy of collagen production on skin elasticity. With minimal risk and recovery time, skin tightening treatments can help clients attain a more youthful appearance.